Please can you help me - I have an old programmes called Quicken 98 and my new windows 7 laptop won't let me load it on - how can I get this programme on my machine?

Anonymous
2010-01-14T21:21:45+00:00

Please can you help me - I have Quicken 98 and it won't load on my new Windows 7 laptop - I realise its a very old programme - but it is brilliant and I use it every day - I have the data stored on an external drive - I really need help with this please

ps My cassells dictionery disc won't load either - why do's this happen when the systems change - it really isn't fair

thank with kind regards

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-15T16:19:14+00:00

Today, 64-bit processors have become the standard for systems ranging from the most scalable servers to desktop PCs. The way to take full advantage of these systems is with 64-bit editions of Microsoft Windows products.

The 64-bit systems offer direct access to more virtual and physical memory than 32-bit systems and process more data per clock cycle, enabling more scalable, higher performing computing solutions. There are two 64-bit Windows platforms: x64-based and Itanium-based.

x64 solutions are the direct descendants of x86 32-bit products, and are the natural choice for most server application deployments—small or large. Itanium-based systems offer alternative system designs and a processor architecture best suited to extremely large database and custom application solutions.

64 bit is a way of manipulating data and if something is currently 16 bit there is no way for you to upgrade them to 64. That is the job of the author of the product. You will have to contact them.


Frenchie

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-10-01T14:32:04+00:00

    Same here, works in XP mode under Win 7-64, but I have two issues that I can't seem to resolve:

    1. I can't seem to do the backup. When I pick a drive (C:/ typically) it says the disk is full.
    2. I can't print to a networked printer, even though it shows it as an available printer.

    Do you people have found these issues as well?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-09-15T16:51:41+00:00

    Update: I've gotten it to install under Windows XP Mode, but if there's a way to install it in native Win 7, I'm still interested in hearing how to do it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-09-15T15:19:50+00:00

    Update: I've got Quicken98 working natively under Win7 64-bit:  the autorun installer appears to be 16-bit (or at least has an issue running, and just bombs out) - but as mentioned by Mogojohn, the CD contains both 16-bit and 32-bit installers separately, in folders on the install CD called "Win31" and "Win95" accordingly; so what worked for me was to navigate to the "Win95" directory, and run the "setup.exe" found in there.

    Can you say more about how you got this to work? I tried it (before I saw this post) and I get an error message saying it's the wrong version. I'm running Win 7 Professional 64 bit.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-07-29T10:00:47+00:00

    What a great answer.  I have been searching for this solution since I first installed Win 7 last year.

    It works a treat.

    D

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments