How to restore Windows 7 default fonts.

Anonymous
2009-12-19T19:53:22+00:00

Okay, I hit a button on a font installer and installed about 10000 fonts. How do I restore the default fonts that were originally on 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-20T17:41:58+00:00

Hi EssenceWebsiteDesign,

You can restore the default font and remove any changes that you've made to your display settings from Appearance and Personalization.

Here’s how:

1.    Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

2.    In the left pane, click Font settings.

3.    Click Restore default font settings.

Note

This also removes all manual changes that you've made to your display settings.

I've listed couple of links that could be of assistance to you.

Change your font settings http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-your-font-settings

To install or delete any particular font:

**Install or delete fontshttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-or-delete-fonts**For answers to some common questions about fonts, check this link:

Fonts: frequently asked questionshttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Fonts-frequently-asked-questions


Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-27T07:40:01+00:00

    I tried to Restore the default font settings.

    I click in the link, and the OK confirmation faded away and made me unable to confirm.

    Each font gives me the ability to print, but not to install.

    I have repeated back and forth without success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-12-23T15:57:36+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-15T14:12:20+00:00

    I have Window 7 Home Basic and 2 years old sony Vaio. In window panel I can have only two fonts named Cambria,Calibri and  Some Device fonts named 10cpi,12 cpi,17 cpi etc.

    I have tried all possible options and link here below.But nothing works.

    My friend suggest me to uninstall window 7 then re install it again,but I m not satisfied with that and didn't try too as my PC is having a preinstalled window7.

    Pls help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-16T04:35:53+00:00

    You can download all the default Win7 fonts

    DOWNLOAD LINK

    hope it helps. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments