How to restore Windows 7 default fonts.

Anonymous
2009-12-19T19:53:22+00:00

Okay, I hit a button on a font installer and installed about 10000 fonts. How do I restore the default fonts that were originally on 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-20T17:41:58+00:00

Hi EssenceWebsiteDesign,

You can restore the default font and remove any changes that you've made to your display settings from Appearance and Personalization.

Here’s how:

1.    Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

2.    In the left pane, click Font settings.

3.    Click Restore default font settings.

Note

This also removes all manual changes that you've made to your display settings.

I've listed couple of links that could be of assistance to you.

Change your font settings http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-your-font-settings

To install or delete any particular font:

**Install or delete fontshttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-or-delete-fonts**For answers to some common questions about fonts, check this link:

Fonts: frequently asked questionshttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Fonts-frequently-asked-questions


Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-15T22:00:25+00:00

    I searched around and couldn't find any answer with a good explanation. I saw multiple sites saying FontFrenzy could do this but the program doesn't work on Windows 7 64-bit edition. (I don't know if it works or not on 32-bit)

    To fix this issue, I installed NexusFont (free) which you can find here:

    http://xiles.net/nexusfont/

    Once installed, I opened the program and let it load all the fonts. Depending on how many you have installed this could take a minute or two.

    After all the fonts have loaded, I pressed Ctrl + A on the keyboard to select all fonts installed.

    Then I right-clicked on them and clicked uninstall.

    That's it!

    The program will delete every font that didn't come with Windows.

    Hope this helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-01-25T19:12:27+00:00

    I did this and I still get "0 fonts installed", even when changing the view option to "details" and refreshing :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-01-26T18:53:56+00:00

    Hi Faunys83,

    If the troubleshooting steps in this thread do not resolve your issue, create a new thread here. This will mitigate confusion caused by more than one posting about similar   topics, allowing us to focus on each customer individually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-10-13T05:58:45+00:00

    'I had the same problem you had and what I did was copy the default fonts from another windows pc and dropped the files in "Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Fonts"

    installation box.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments