How to restore Windows 7 default fonts.

Anonymous
2009-12-19T19:53:22+00:00

Okay, I hit a button on a font installer and installed about 10000 fonts. How do I restore the default fonts that were originally on 7?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-20T17:41:58+00:00

Hi EssenceWebsiteDesign,

You can restore the default font and remove any changes that you've made to your display settings from Appearance and Personalization.

Here’s how:

1.    Open Fonts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

2.    In the left pane, click Font settings.

3.    Click Restore default font settings.

Note

This also removes all manual changes that you've made to your display settings.

I've listed couple of links that could be of assistance to you.

Change your font settings http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-your-font-settings

To install or delete any particular font:

**Install or delete fontshttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-or-delete-fonts**For answers to some common questions about fonts, check this link:

Fonts: frequently asked questionshttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Fonts-frequently-asked-questions


Regards,

Shinmila H - Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2011-07-11T12:24:52+00:00

    OK.. I got the solution. When I was checking Start>control panel> Fonts.. it took a lot of time to get 10000 fonts shown. Once those fonts appear on screen, try changing view to details. Either you can go by date last changed or by corporation which produced font. Keep all those have some legitimate corporation. others delete. and you are good to go.. (btw it takes huge time to delete 10000 fonts.. so just keep patience.. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-02-27T06:27:38+00:00

    same problem here and microsoft support sux

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-17T11:14:55+00:00

    Hello Mauricio,

    Thanks for the solution, but could you tell me how to use FileZilla? Because I don't get the point why and this is the first time I must use it. thanks :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-12-04T22:30:10+00:00

    You can try something else ...

    1. Go to C:\Windows\Fonts (were "C:" is your Windows drive)
    2. Delete as much fonts as you can
    3. Download and install the default Windows 7 Fonts

    (removed)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments