NFS client for Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-02-03T18:56:58+00:00

I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional. I used Windows Services for Unix in XP but have been informed this is not available for Windows 7. I do not see a NFS Client in the Windows 7 Professional version. What options are there?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-06T17:31:23+00:00

Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:

Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-07T21:25:14+00:00

Hello all,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Click here for the link to download installing Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications<!----><!--Published via DxPublisher.-->

Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2

This should be the link you were looking for.

Thanks,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-09T21:51:07+00:00

    Actually, Windows 7 Pro includes Media Center.  I'm looking at it in my start menu right now and used it to records hundred of hours of television back before I got used to Netflix not having commercials and they got more content.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-01-13T05:56:15+00:00

    I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional. I used Windows Services for Unix in XP but have been informed this is not available for Windows 7. I do not see a NFS Client in the Windows 7 Professional version. What options are there?

    Hello all I am coming in to this late in the game but... I have Ultimate X64 and also have the option in programs and features to enable this, however i get a message stating that some software has tried installing an unsigned version of this driver and it is REQUIRED to have a digitally SIGNED drover for this service to be configured and run.

    What do i DO???   I was looking to download this but even the "free" driver sites wind me up on those charging from $40 to $250 and none even promise it is digitally signed Microsoft driver and will pass with the certs provided.

    SO I am going to have to pony up AGAIN for the ability to install and configure this driver????  I have an idea of which software it likely was since it is a minimally installed setup, and the HD5800 series ATI drivers and CCC (Catalyst Control Center) keep failing on their installs and updates. Not sure if it is this driver or something completely different...o which is causing what... the driver causing the updates to fail, or the updates failing because the driver got installed over with an unsigned one from something else in stalled, this machine has all of maybe ten applications installed so there are not a loot of places to look!

    I also had SP! update fail if that's an indicator of anything...I am at a loss as a previous install of ultimate on another computer (OEM Built for a client) had it in good condition because when checking everything network for him, services shows 'client for NFS is running, so why would another install package for another computer not contain the same original service drivers that some software installed unsigned drivers for this machine?

    Of course it is my personal machine with the issue and not a client...not sure that's good  or bad lol!  Please advise where one gets a digitally signed MS version of the NFS driver....or would something like "Repair my windows" reset such drivers?? 

    Thanks for any helpful info!

    TSG!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T14:55:04+00:00

    I also encounter the same problems ,I used to install SFU on XP to visit NFS ,but it can not instal in win7 pro , there are also no option to turn on nfs on win7 pro .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments