NFS client for Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-02-03T18:56:58+00:00

I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional. I used Windows Services for Unix in XP but have been informed this is not available for Windows 7. I do not see a NFS Client in the Windows 7 Professional version. What options are there?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-06T17:31:23+00:00

Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:

Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-07T21:25:14+00:00

Hello all,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Click here for the link to download installing Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications<!----><!--Published via DxPublisher.-->

Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2

This should be the link you were looking for.

Thanks,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-07T21:14:48+00:00

    I believe Marilyn probably no longer works at Microsoft or at least in the division that handles this.  This is very upsetting for them NOT to provide NFS support and typical Microsoft gestapo tactics to have you pay more for a service that is common on every other OS platform.  I come from many years of sys admin and database support with Microsoft and now that I'm doing Oracle and various Unix flavors my eyes are being opened to a whole new world!  Bye bye Microsoft holding us hostage and take the red pill!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T18:42:14+00:00

    As has been stated before, because you don't have Ultimate or Enterprise?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-23T11:29:08+00:00

    I can't find this "Services for NFS" anywhere in the "Turn Windows features on or off" dialog. Can anybody explain why?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments