Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:
Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional. I used Windows Services for Unix in XP but have been informed this is not available for Windows 7. I do not see a NFS Client in the Windows 7 Professional version. What options are there?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:
Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.
Hello all,
Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.
Click here for the link to download installing Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications<!----><!--Published via DxPublisher.-->
Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2
This should be the link you were looking for.
Thanks,
Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
I do as you state but, Client for NFS is not an option I can turn on in Windows 7 X64 Professional... What can I do?
I just verified that the Client for NFS is not included in Windows 7 Professional. I installed Windows 7 Enterprise and found the directions that Marilyn O and Geonk gave work. You may need to upgrade to either the Enterprise version or perhaps Ultimate version of W7.
**** microsoft
Not available in Windows 7 Pro
It's not there because it's for Win 7 Enterprise and Ultimate.
On this page....
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2391
Where it says in the title...
"Utilities and SDK for SUA ships in Microsoft Windows 7/ Windows Server 2008 R2."
They secretly mean...
Win 7 Enterprise / Ultimate.
They even say it twice, I guess to be sure everyone get's it...
Supported Operating System
Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 R2
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows 7 Enterprise; Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows 7 Ultimate; Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition;
***************************************************************************
Warning :
I'm about to mention the Microslum OS between XP and 7 ....
***************************************************************************
The Win7 SUA includes a link the Visduh SUA...
Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=93FF2201-325E-487F-A398-EFDE5758C47F&displaylang=enfor Vista SP1/Windows Server 2008 RTM download.
Notice this includes Visduh Enterprise, *Visduh SP1*, and Visduh Ultimate..
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition
Windows Vista or Windows Vista SP1, Professional or Enterprise editions
Windows Server 2008
Subsystem for UNIX-Based Applications must already be installed on the computer on which you want to install this package.
This is stuck in bullet mode?
Can't unindent!
What a crock!
Microfoo should use Word Perfect....
Anyway, the Visduh installer says to enable SUA in Windows Features
\*snickers\*
*Edited due to false WYSIWYG. Whatever mess is left of this is gonna stay because I'm tired of fighting with microsinks lame excuse for a forum editor. I could go on about not having so many issues elsewhere...