Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:
Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional. I used Windows Services for Unix in XP but have been informed this is not available for Windows 7. I do not see a NFS Client in the Windows 7 Professional version. What options are there?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:
Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.
Hello all,
Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.
Click here for the link to download installing Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications<!----><!--Published via DxPublisher.-->
Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2
This should be the link you were looking for.
Thanks,
Marilyn
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think
This is an old thread but just in case anyone comes looking, Client for NFS is part of Windows 7 Ultimate, not Professional.
I do as you state but, Client for NFS is not an option I can turn on in Windows 7 X64 Professional... What can I do?
I just verified that the Client for NFS is not included in Windows 7 Professional. I installed Windows 7 Enterprise and found the directions that
Marilyn O and Geonk gave work. You may need to upgrade to either the Enterprise version or perhaps Ultimate version of W7.
a) Get XP and try this:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=896C9688-601B-44F1-81A4-02878FF11778
Isn't there a virtual machine integrated in 7, that runs XP?
b) Upgrade to Enterprise/Ultimate.
(Also if you have a close look at this [ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=896C9688-601B-44F1-81A4-02878FF11778 ]: you will see: "Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2; Windows 7 Enterprise; Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows 7 Ultimate; Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition"
c) Make your shares available with samba
d) Use Linux