NFS client for Windows 7

Anonymous
2010-02-03T18:56:58+00:00

I have upgraded from XP to Windows 7 Professional. I used Windows Services for Unix in XP but have been informed this is not available for Windows 7. I do not see a NFS Client in the Windows 7 Professional version. What options are there?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-06T17:31:23+00:00

Nope - this is wrong - it is only available as a non-installed component on Enterprise versions of Windows 7. As you can see from this screenshot is NOT available on Professional:

Please stop posting this incorrect information - Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-07T21:25:14+00:00

Hello all,

Thank you for posting to the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Click here for the link to download installing Utilities and SDK for Subsystem for UNIX-based Applications<!----><!--Published via DxPublisher.-->

Applies To: Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2

This should be the link you were looking for.

Thanks,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

60+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-01T17:11:19+00:00

    Expand the entry for "Services for NFS". 

    "Services for NFS" does not populate in the list.

    What am I missing.

    Windows 7 Professional SP1

    and then the other replys showed up for this post and I found my answer.

    I agree it is ridicilous that this is not available in the Professional version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-10-17T05:19:07+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more