Mouse settings not saved after reboot/restart

Anonymous
2008-12-29T04:56:46+00:00

I am changing the speed at which my mouse pointer moves across the screen.  I am 'applying' the change then selecting 'ok'.   The mouse point then moves faster as set.  Then after restarting/rebooting the computer, the mouse setting is back to the default slower movement speed.   The changes are not saved after the reboot.   What is preventing the mouse movement speed change from being saved?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-01-01T05:47:50+00:00

Mr. Brian,

  Please try the following steps.  Doing this should allow you to keep all the settings in the SetPoint software while at the same time resolving your issue.

   1. Click the Start orb, type msconfig in the Start Search box and hit Enter     If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue 2. Within the System Configuration dialogue box, click the Startup tab

   3. Look for any entries named KHALMNPR or similar, and uncheck the box next to them (there may only be one)

   4. Click OK and restart your computer

   5.  After the restart, change your mouse pointer speed and restart

This should resolve your issue.  Please let us know.  Thank you.


Shane

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-08T11:44:03+00:00

    Got the same problem... Windows 10, latest SetPoint software, Logitech Performance Mouse MX. System settings reset every single time when I reboot the system or open SetPoint from the task bar (notofication area)... It's so annoying.

    I noticed that the Unifying adapter can be plug in, the SetPoint can be load at the startup and the touchpad work fine, BUT when you turn on the wireless mouse (using the mouse switch) it happens again...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-25T05:23:35+00:00

    I tried this yet there is no listing for KHALMNPR in the start up. In fact the msconfig says to use the start up in the task manager. Look in Task manager and there is no listing of KHALMNPR either.

    I have an HP laptop and have to change the mouse setting each time after reboot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-13T23:13:32+00:00

    I don't have any entries named anything close to KHALMNPR. 

    Lynette

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T16:07:25+00:00

    I don't have any entries named anything close to KHALMNPR. 

    Lynette

    This problem has been around since Vista and MS has decided the Logitech KHALMNPR is the problem.  So in all likely hood it won't be fixed, I have the same pain with Windows 10.

    To get some relief, I keep a shortcut to the mouse on the desktop so all I have to do is pop it open and fix it right away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments