Why Can't i see my desktop background?

Anonymous
2009-06-22T12:40:30+00:00

I got this Asus laptop, its vista and i used to be able to change the desktop background easily.

But suddenly, the next day, i switched on my laptop and realised that the background was pitch black with not wallpaper.

I am able to change the background colour but i am just unable to set a wallpaper.

When i went to control panels to change the wallpaper, i am able to select the picutures but i cant see it.

 In other words, I cant see the pictures available for us to choose for our wallpaper but i am able to select it.

 But when i jus randomly select the pic, the background is still pitch black.

And that 'cant see picture prob' oso happened to the rest of my pictures in my folders.

i am able to see my pics in the folders onli when i refreshed the page about 3 times.

When i searched for pictures on the internet, i right click on the picutre and slelect 'set as background wallpaper' and it works!

But i still hav no idea why my laptop has this prob. Help pls?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-09-20T14:09:27+00:00

    I have this to try too:

    1.  Go to Computer
    2.  Click on Organise and select Folder and Search Options
    3.  In the View tab, go to the advanced settings list and make sure that the "Always show icon's, never thumbnails" is not selected.
    4.  Click OK.

    Again, let me know =]


    Thanks, Callum Kerr. Check out my website for information on my software products. Xbox Live Gamertag: callum151000

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-09-20T14:12:26+00:00

    Its already been checked. =]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-09-20T14:14:10+00:00

    When you say checked, do you mean "you have looked to see if..." or that the actual tickbox is "checked". Checked it the technical way of saying it's selected. Can you confirm that it is not selected?


    Thanks, Callum Kerr. Check out my website for information on my software products. Xbox Live Gamertag: callum151000

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-09-20T14:16:48+00:00

    Oops. Sorry, the box is not checked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2009-09-20T14:19:53+00:00

    It's no problem. I'm really sorry I can't help further. I'll keep an eye out for any solutions, if I find one, I'll post it here. If you come across one, please post the solution so it can be used as a reference.

    Again, sorry for getting your hopes up =] Best of luck!


    Thanks, Callum Kerr. Check out my website for information on my software products. Xbox Live Gamertag: callum151000

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments