Why Can't i see my desktop background?

Anonymous
2009-06-22T12:40:30+00:00

I got this Asus laptop, its vista and i used to be able to change the desktop background easily.

But suddenly, the next day, i switched on my laptop and realised that the background was pitch black with not wallpaper.

I am able to change the background colour but i am just unable to set a wallpaper.

When i went to control panels to change the wallpaper, i am able to select the picutures but i cant see it.

 In other words, I cant see the pictures available for us to choose for our wallpaper but i am able to select it.

 But when i jus randomly select the pic, the background is still pitch black.

And that 'cant see picture prob' oso happened to the rest of my pictures in my folders.

i am able to see my pics in the folders onli when i refreshed the page about 3 times.

When i searched for pictures on the internet, i right click on the picutre and slelect 'set as background wallpaper' and it works!

But i still hav no idea why my laptop has this prob. Help pls?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-08-01T14:04:17+00:00

    Sorry for the late reply. When i created a new account, i have the same issues. I share this laptop with the rest of my family members so when i wnt into their accounts, i have the same problems too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-08-11T21:17:20+00:00

    There are only a handful of Support Engineers Moderating this  Forum now.  Microsoft sent the project over to India.  I am no longer with Microsoft :(

    I wish I could be of further assistance.


    Ken

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-09-19T15:11:37+00:00

    I have the same problem with my new Asus. It used to work fine but after I activated my Microsoft Office trial I found this problem.  It has something to do wth Presentation being on or off but I don't know how to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-09-19T16:38:21+00:00

    I found half my answer to this here:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2009-09-20T03:27:20+00:00

    Thanks! I will go check it out. Did you try those solutions or advice?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments