Yea! Same boat ? XD .
Hope i and u can solve our own probs!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I got this Asus laptop, its vista and i used to be able to change the desktop background easily.
But suddenly, the next day, i switched on my laptop and realised that the background was pitch black with not wallpaper.
I am able to change the background colour but i am just unable to set a wallpaper.
When i went to control panels to change the wallpaper, i am able to select the picutures but i cant see it.
In other words, I cant see the pictures available for us to choose for our wallpaper but i am able to select it.
But when i jus randomly select the pic, the background is still pitch black.
And that 'cant see picture prob' oso happened to the rest of my pictures in my folders.
i am able to see my pics in the folders onli when i refreshed the page about 3 times.
When i searched for pictures on the internet, i right click on the picutre and slelect 'set as background wallpaper' and it works!
But i still hav no idea why my laptop has this prob. Help pls?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yea! Same boat ? XD .
Hope i and u can solve our own probs!
I'm having a similar problem, also with an Asus laptop.
I've check the file location, appearance panel, EVERYTHING I could possibly think of.
But still no improvement.
One thing I've noticed is that when I tile a background, it pops up faintly as the background of the toolbar and sidebar.
I can change the color of the background and everything, but it just seems like the picture is under the background color.
Like, at startup and after running a full screen app. I get a flicker of it, but the colored screen covers it up again.
Mine won't work with any pictures I select, at all.
And it's really annoying! Haha.
Thank you for your reply Zack,
i checked my folder and the pictures are still there.
Hello AhxiuXIII,
Thank you for posting. It seems that you might be having some problems with your Pictures folder. The desktop background defaults to a black background whenever it can't find the picture it was using for the backgraound before. I would suggest that you check your Pictures folder to see if it still contains the pictures in it or whether you moved the Pictures folder. Moving the Pictures folder can have the same effect on your desktop background.
Please let me know if this helps you.
Zack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.