***** FIXED ********
I finally stumbled upon this thread:
and ran the System File Checke r. It found and fixed problems. I have no idea what the log means, but...
My Devices and Printers is now fully populated.
Regards,
Jeff
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi All:
I sincerely apologize if my specific problem has been solved already. As the title indicates, when I open Orb -> Devices and printers it always shows up empty. I have tried every bluetooth related post including upgrading drivers, verifying the BT services (both) are running, the suggestion to use the IE8 registry cmd script etc. Virtually all the posts were point at BT, so I disabled, uninstalled all drivers, re-enabled it, re-installed, etc. At each step I tried the Devices and Printers with the same results.
Adding some details:
I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUT looking for a solution to no avail. I use Paragon Disk Backup so I don't mind hacking my registry or other configs and am brave enough (fool hardy?) to try just about any suggestions since I can always do a full restore of the OS Partition.
Truly appreciate any feedback. Please, no "check your BT services". Been there, done that.
Regards,
Jeff
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
***** FIXED ********
I finally stumbled upon this thread:
and ran the System File Checke r. It found and fixed problems. I have no idea what the log means, but...
My Devices and Printers is now fully populated.
Regards,
Jeff
I just tried this and this FIX works ..
Click Start button, type "services" into the search program and files box. This brings up a list in the menu, select Services. This should open a list of local services on your system.., Find 'Bluetooth Service" and make sure it has started, right click and set to 'automatic' (mine was already set), Select "Bluetooth Support Service" and start, set to automatic (mine was set on manual) --
Really wierd. Debleena, can you please explain.
Regards,
Rakesh
Issue: Printers and device window empty
Resolution: Please perform windows profile reset
What are the consequences?
NOTE: Please do not delete the old profile
Worked... but why?
Why is a non functioning Bluetooth service hang up Devices and Printers.
If I knew why, I might next wonder if it could affect other devices in different scenarios unrelated to Bluetooth.
Does anyone have a good idea why/how this phenomena occurs?
Simple Fix. Update with HotFix. See link below.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2486635
This fixed my problem.