***** FIXED ********
I finally stumbled upon this thread:
and ran the System File Checke r. It found and fixed problems. I have no idea what the log means, but...
My Devices and Printers is now fully populated.
Regards,
Jeff
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi All:
I sincerely apologize if my specific problem has been solved already. As the title indicates, when I open Orb -> Devices and printers it always shows up empty. I have tried every bluetooth related post including upgrading drivers, verifying the BT services (both) are running, the suggestion to use the IE8 registry cmd script etc. Virtually all the posts were point at BT, so I disabled, uninstalled all drivers, re-enabled it, re-installed, etc. At each step I tried the Devices and Printers with the same results.
Adding some details:
I AM PULLING MY HAIR OUT looking for a solution to no avail. I use Paragon Disk Backup so I don't mind hacking my registry or other configs and am brave enough (fool hardy?) to try just about any suggestions since I can always do a full restore of the OS Partition.
Truly appreciate any feedback. Please, no "check your BT services". Been there, done that.
Regards,
Jeff
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
***** FIXED ********
I finally stumbled upon this thread:
and ran the System File Checke r. It found and fixed problems. I have no idea what the log means, but...
My Devices and Printers is now fully populated.
Regards,
Jeff
I just tried this and this FIX works ..
Click Start button, type "services" into the search program and files box. This brings up a list in the menu, select Services. This should open a list of local services on your system.., Find 'Bluetooth Service" and make sure it has started, right click and set to 'automatic' (mine was already set), Select "Bluetooth Support Service" and start, set to automatic (mine was set on manual) --
Really wierd. Debleena, can you please explain.
Regards,
Rakesh
I have the same problem. Devices and Printers will not display, printing is impossible (won't bring up the list of printers dialogue box) and often windows explorer hangs.
Ran SFC it found no problem. Bluetooth Support Service is also running.
I also followed some checking that had been posted in how to insure there weren't any leftover printer uninstalls. None of this worked.
Hi LuisMiyar,
I was having this same issue on 2 of my home computers and installing this hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2486635 finally resolved the problem.
I hope it works for you.
I'm having the same problem.
Ran SFC and started and set to automatic the bluetooth service
When I restart the computer it detects the printers and I can open devices and printers and I can actually print but after a few minutes it stops working and explorer.exe hangs and I have to kill it with task manager
bluetooth service is always running according to services
Any ideas?
Thank you