AOL Mailbox font too small to read

Anonymous
2010-07-18T18:04:58+00:00

Have new Dell computer, 24" monitor, with Windows 7 Professional.  Downloaded AOL 9.5.  Working fine except that Mailbox font is too small to read -- not the message contents but the list of messages.  Used Windows 7 to enlarge font to 150%, to enlarge icons to Medium and Large -- no effect on AOL Mailbox.  Keyboard shortcuts that work in Internet Explorer -- Win/+ or Ctrl-mouse wheel -- have no effect in AOL.  Don't like magnifier.  Viewing AOL messages on AOL.COM in IE does not meet my needs.  Is there anything else I can do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-07-19T07:06:25+00:00

Hi GAHiker,

You may follow the steps below and check if you can change the fonts size in AOL.

  1. Open AOL, in the toolbar click on Safety
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Under F- click on Fonts and Text
  4. There you can choose a font style, size, color, bold or regular, italicized, etc.

It will show you a sample of what you have chosen. Once you have it the way you want just hit the save button.

Access the link below to know more about how to change the fonts setting in AOL:http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=217669&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_AOLHOW_TO_1_1&dialogID=289654605&stateId=0 0 289672379#b

If the above steps do not help you will have to contact AOL support and check for the setting on how to change the fonts or use magnifier in AOL.

Link to contact AOL support:

https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp?sitedomain=bill.aol.com&authLev=2&lang=en&locale=us&offerId=supportportalcontact-en-us&siteState=OrigUrl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fbill.aol.com%252FSPortal%252Fjsp%252Fcontact_us.jsp

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-09-16T02:51:17+00:00

    Hi, I still have same problem, no one can help,not AOL, not HP, not Mircrosoft. I give up. If you or anyone ever solves this problem please let me know. Good Luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-10-05T16:39:46+00:00

    I also have had these issues. 4 hours with AOL non help and a lot of "good job!" and "great work" but no help. I have this issue with Windows 7 and with Vista. I upgraded to 7 to try and resolve this. I have resorted to a large magnifier like the one my folks had in front of our first TV in 1956. Ah technology, some never gets old. If anyone is succesful in fixing this I would be most greatful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-07T13:40:19+00:00

    hi,

    this on my computer was browser specific.

    I downloaded a different browser and the display was fine.

    I went back to the other browser, looked in the tools and options and, found a 'zoom' setting set to 50%...:)  This was Chrome.  putting it back to 100% made everything fine.

    Don't know on IE how to do this because I'm too lazy to look, but, it IS browser-specific.  You could (in IE) probably just "reset to default" or reinstall and all should be well.

    -Kent

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-01-20T01:23:32+00:00

    I am so glad I googled this question and read all the way to the bottom because I was having the same problem!  I use Chrome too, so that made fixing it easy.  My font size in my inbox shrank while I was doing a lot of click and delete of old emails. All I can think of is I hit a combo of keys or mouse clicks and drags that shrank the font. The tiny version was at 83% when I checked the tools in Chrome(thats the wrench at the top of your screen if you use Chrome and cant find it).  Once I moved it to 100% again, all was fine.  My husband was having the same issue when checking his email on our computer so for sure it was a browser issue and not a personal mailbox issue.

    Thanks Kent!

    ~suzeloo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments