AOL Mailbox font too small to read

Anonymous
2010-07-18T18:04:58+00:00

Have new Dell computer, 24" monitor, with Windows 7 Professional.  Downloaded AOL 9.5.  Working fine except that Mailbox font is too small to read -- not the message contents but the list of messages.  Used Windows 7 to enlarge font to 150%, to enlarge icons to Medium and Large -- no effect on AOL Mailbox.  Keyboard shortcuts that work in Internet Explorer -- Win/+ or Ctrl-mouse wheel -- have no effect in AOL.  Don't like magnifier.  Viewing AOL messages on AOL.COM in IE does not meet my needs.  Is there anything else I can do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-07-19T07:06:25+00:00

Hi GAHiker,

You may follow the steps below and check if you can change the fonts size in AOL.

  1. Open AOL, in the toolbar click on Safety
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Under F- click on Fonts and Text
  4. There you can choose a font style, size, color, bold or regular, italicized, etc.

It will show you a sample of what you have chosen. Once you have it the way you want just hit the save button.

Access the link below to know more about how to change the fonts setting in AOL:http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=217669&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_AOLHOW_TO_1_1&dialogID=289654605&stateId=0 0 289672379#b

If the above steps do not help you will have to contact AOL support and check for the setting on how to change the fonts or use magnifier in AOL.

Link to contact AOL support:

https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp?sitedomain=bill.aol.com&authLev=2&lang=en&locale=us&offerId=supportportalcontact-en-us&siteState=OrigUrl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fbill.aol.com%252FSPortal%252Fjsp%252Fcontact_us.jsp

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-06-22T05:12:29+00:00

    Nope - doesn't work.   :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-06-22T05:11:36+00:00

    I'm with you!  LOVED Windows XP.  HATE Windows 7!  Wish I never "upgraded" to a POORER and LESS EFFICIENT version!  UGH!  Fix this, please, Microsoft?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-03-25T15:56:34+00:00

    In the aol 9.6 software, the developers have included a "zoom control", in the view menu. That only affects AOL, and it does affect all its features, including the mailbox font size.

    If that fails, you can always revert to the 9.0 VR, although it is said that it's not compatible with win 7. There's a built-in compatibility troubleshooter within the windows 7 OS, it's in the Control Panel, under Troubleshooting. You can use that to make sure that there's not going to be any problems with AOL.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-02-18T17:12:36+00:00

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:34:42 +0000, Coy860 wrote:

    <Shame on AOL for not fixing this problem....IT IS NOT SOLVED.>

    I bought a new computer with WIN 7 and feel as if I am going blind.  I use AOL completely, and my mail, list of favorite places are too small to be read.  Changing fonts messes up a lot of web sites.  I do NOT want to go through IE to access aol.

    I am so disgusted that WIN7 and aol haven't come up with a fix that I am dumping the new computer and WIN 7 and going back to XP home and added memory in my old computer. 

    If I could uninstall WIN 7 in the new computer, I would.  From what I have seen of it, it stinks.

    I know next to nothing about AOL, but let me mention the following,

    which is a Windows standard (it works in many, but not all,

    applications):

    Hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel. One way makes it

    bigger the other smaller. Does this work in the AOL software?


    Ken Blake (MS MVP)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments