AOL Mailbox font too small to read

Anonymous
2010-07-18T18:04:58+00:00

Have new Dell computer, 24" monitor, with Windows 7 Professional.  Downloaded AOL 9.5.  Working fine except that Mailbox font is too small to read -- not the message contents but the list of messages.  Used Windows 7 to enlarge font to 150%, to enlarge icons to Medium and Large -- no effect on AOL Mailbox.  Keyboard shortcuts that work in Internet Explorer -- Win/+ or Ctrl-mouse wheel -- have no effect in AOL.  Don't like magnifier.  Viewing AOL messages on AOL.COM in IE does not meet my needs.  Is there anything else I can do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-07-19T07:06:25+00:00

Hi GAHiker,

You may follow the steps below and check if you can change the fonts size in AOL.

  1. Open AOL, in the toolbar click on Safety
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Under F- click on Fonts and Text
  4. There you can choose a font style, size, color, bold or regular, italicized, etc.

It will show you a sample of what you have chosen. Once you have it the way you want just hit the save button.

Access the link below to know more about how to change the fonts setting in AOL:http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=217669&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_AOLHOW_TO_1_1&dialogID=289654605&stateId=0 0 289672379#b

If the above steps do not help you will have to contact AOL support and check for the setting on how to change the fonts or use magnifier in AOL.

Link to contact AOL support:

https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp?sitedomain=bill.aol.com&authLev=2&lang=en&locale=us&offerId=supportportalcontact-en-us&siteState=OrigUrl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fbill.aol.com%252FSPortal%252Fjsp%252Fcontact_us.jsp

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-03T15:08:37+00:00

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 21:34:42 +0000, Coy860 wrote:

    <Shame on AOL for not fixing this problem....IT IS NOT SOLVED.>

    I bought a new computer with WIN 7 and feel as if I am going blind.  I use AOL completely, and my mail, list of favorite places are too small to be read.  Changing fonts messes up a lot of web sites.  I do NOT want to go through IE to access aol.

    I am so disgusted that WIN7 and aol haven't come up with a fix that I am dumping the new computer and WIN 7 and going back to XP home and added memory in my old computer. 

    If I could uninstall WIN 7 in the new computer, I would.  From what I have seen of it, it stinks.

    I know next to nothing about AOL, but let me mention the following,

    which is a Windows standard (it works in many, but not all,

    applications):

    Hold down the Ctrl key and scroll the mouse wheel. One way makes it

    bigger the other smaller. Does this work in the AOL software?


    Ken Blake (MS MVP)

    THIS WORKS! at least in Firefox...hold the control Key down and roll the mouse wheel to pick your font size.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-24T04:45:17+00:00

    I have sought an ans. from AOL and Windows to NO avail...Just upgraded from Windows XP that I found user friendly...Microsoft windows is out to sell anything they can without taking on the responsible role they once held with pride  Not welcoming for a low end tech person.

    All I wanted was to increase the font size on my AOL acct.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-04T00:19:34+00:00

    This does not work... Do you have any other ideas?

    I am having the same problem with my new Dell, 24" monitor with Windows 7. I even had my computer guy come and he couldn't figure it out. I will have to stop using AOL cause I can not read my mailbox..gee wouldn't you have thought someone would have noticed this? Microsoft?, Dell? Aol? Anyone????????????? PATHETIC..

    If you are using Chrome>>>>go up to far top on right and click on three lines in a row and go to zoom and go as large as you want. Let me know if this does not work or your not using Chrome. Have a great day.


    I recently purchased Windows 8, IE 10, and AOL 9.7.  The font is too small on the mail list.  Has this issue been addressed yet?  What should I do?  I had been using XP until now and had no problems changing the font size through IE.  Even the icons are small on the menu bar, but I can deal with that, if I have to.  Help, this is really hurting my eyes!

    Sorry, I needed to submit in the questions area.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-04T00:16:27+00:00

    This does not work... Do you have any other ideas?

    I am having the same problem with my new Dell, 24" monitor with Windows 7. I even had my computer guy come and he couldn't figure it out. I will have to stop using AOL cause I can not read my mailbox..gee wouldn't you have thought someone would have noticed this? Microsoft?, Dell? Aol? Anyone????????????? PATHETIC..

    If you are using Chrome>>>>go up to far top on right and click on three lines in a row and go to zoom and go as large as you want. Let me know if this does not work or your not using Chrome. Have a great day.


    I recently purchased Windows 8, IE 10, and AOL 9.7.  The font is too small on the mail list.  Has this issue been addressed yet?  What should I do?  I had been using XP until now and had no problems changing the font size through IE.  Even the icons are small on the menu bar, but I can deal with that, if I have to.  Help, this is really hurting my eyes!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments