AOL Mailbox font too small to read

Anonymous
2010-07-18T18:04:58+00:00

Have new Dell computer, 24" monitor, with Windows 7 Professional.  Downloaded AOL 9.5.  Working fine except that Mailbox font is too small to read -- not the message contents but the list of messages.  Used Windows 7 to enlarge font to 150%, to enlarge icons to Medium and Large -- no effect on AOL Mailbox.  Keyboard shortcuts that work in Internet Explorer -- Win/+ or Ctrl-mouse wheel -- have no effect in AOL.  Don't like magnifier.  Viewing AOL messages on AOL.COM in IE does not meet my needs.  Is there anything else I can do?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-07-19T07:06:25+00:00

Hi GAHiker,

You may follow the steps below and check if you can change the fonts size in AOL.

  1. Open AOL, in the toolbar click on Safety
  2. Click on Settings
  3. Under F- click on Fonts and Text
  4. There you can choose a font style, size, color, bold or regular, italicized, etc.

It will show you a sample of what you have chosen. Once you have it the way you want just hit the save button.

Access the link below to know more about how to change the fonts setting in AOL:http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=217669&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_AOLHOW_TO_1_1&dialogID=289654605&stateId=0 0 289672379#b

If the above steps do not help you will have to contact AOL support and check for the setting on how to change the fonts or use magnifier in AOL.

Link to contact AOL support:

https://my.screenname.aol.com/_cqr/login/login.psp?sitedomain=bill.aol.com&authLev=2&lang=en&locale=us&offerId=supportportalcontact-en-us&siteState=OrigUrl%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fbill.aol.com%252FSPortal%252Fjsp%252Fcontact_us.jsp

Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Srinivas R

Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-14T03:50:04+00:00

    Hello, just want to say I am having the same problem, and the above steps do not work, the fonts and settings in aol only change what you are typing in an email or im it does not change the email you received! I can't even read that tiny print and I've got 400 emails to check. I also agree that opeing up aol mail in another way such as webmail stinks it looks totally different than your regular email, and lets not forget when you open aol from a browser rather than from the software itself you have no favorites, and other features anymore. I have no idea what I am going to do, but I am almost sorry I bought Win7. Wish XP would have lasted forever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-09-16T02:51:17+00:00

    Hi, I still have same problem, no one can help,not AOL, not HP, not Mircrosoft. I give up. If you or anyone ever solves this problem please let me know. Good Luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2010-09-16T02:43:58+00:00

    I am having the same problem with my new Dell, 24" monitor with Windows 7. I even had my computer guy come and he couldn't figure it out. I will have to stop using AOL cause I can not read my mailbox..gee wouldn't you have thought someone would have noticed this? Microsoft?, Dell? Aol? Anyone????????????? PATHETIC..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2010-09-02T20:51:15+00:00

    you ever get an answer on how to do this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments