Move or copy a print job to another printer

Anonymous
2009-04-02T03:30:57+00:00

Is it possible to move or copy a print job to another printer?  My problem is I printer a few documents from the web to a printer that was offline (not plugged into my USB port).  Is it possible to move or copy those print jobs to another printer I have on my system?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-04-02T10:49:39+00:00

Hello mjpalm,

Typically if you reconnect the printer, the print job will still be in the spooler for that device. If when you reconnect the printer the job does not print automatically you go into the print properties for that printer, right click on the print job and click restart.

At this time there is no function to grab print jobs from one print queue and place them in another print queue.


Judd

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T22:59:31+00:00

    My printer's ink light would not go off so I could not print. I did not want to lose the jobs in my queue. After cleaning my cartridges and the contacts in the printer my light was still on. I then used the Cobra app mentioned above to copy the jobs in my queue to my PDF writer. I use CutePDF. I then deleted the jobs from my queue. I used the Clean print cartridges function in properties of the printer. Finally my ink light went away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-10T10:36:36+00:00

    Cobra Print Viewer will do this - www.cobraapps.com

    Runs on Windows and it will let you re-print and copy queued jobs, and move or copy queued jobs to another printer, even for a different printer model.

    I have/had two types of printers out if which one 'ghost' one not available any longer, when trying to transfer/print from the 'ghost' one to the TCP/IP network printer it wont work, even I do the changes to the existing print job i.e TCP/IP changes...do you guys have any other idea ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-08-17T18:56:42+00:00

    thank you so much, saved me from looking all over the place to find the correct documents i wanted to print :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-08-17T20:30:57+00:00

    I want to move a print job (spool file) from one output queue to another...how do I do it?  I worked on the development of the IBM System/38 in the mid 70s and created a command where a spool file was selected and executed a command:  CHGOUTQ OUTQ(NEWOUTQ) where the NEWOUTQ was associated with a different writer (physical printer).  This was an easy piece of SW to write...try logical files (views), DB2 and SQL!!!

    It only required changing an attribute of an object (everything on the System/38 and friends, System i,etc. was/is an object)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments