Move or copy a print job to another printer

Anonymous
2009-04-02T03:30:57+00:00

Is it possible to move or copy a print job to another printer?  My problem is I printer a few documents from the web to a printer that was offline (not plugged into my USB port).  Is it possible to move or copy those print jobs to another printer I have on my system?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-04-02T10:49:39+00:00

Hello mjpalm,

Typically if you reconnect the printer, the print job will still be in the spooler for that device. If when you reconnect the printer the job does not print automatically you go into the print properties for that printer, right click on the print job and click restart.

At this time there is no function to grab print jobs from one print queue and place them in another print queue.


Judd

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-10-08T06:11:09+00:00

    Is it possible to move or copy a print job to another printer?  My problem is I printer a few documents from the web to a printer that was offline (not plugged into my USB port).  Is it possible to move or copy those print jobs to another printer I have on my system?

    I haven't found a way to directly do it.  However, I found a work around that worked for me in my situation.

    I went to print queue, go to Printer, then Properties, then Ports tab... I temporarily changed the port to point to the IP address of another printer (by changing the check box).  After the queue printed, I just put the IP/port back.

    My two printers were of the same type, so I don't know if this would work with dissimilar printers.

    Daniel

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments