original title: bsod, blue screen of death, memory management, driver fail
I have just built a new PC, by ordering everything off scan.org.uk. Ever since I have first loaded up the PC it has frequently crashed on start-up. The desktop will show, then either a tone will play through the speakers and it will blue screen, or a box will come up informing me that a program has crashed (ipoint.exe, ccc.exe and others). The most common bsod is memory management, but there have been others. The computer ONLY crashes on start-up, and never when it has successfully loaded up. This problem does not appear every time I boot up, but it is still really annoying. Sometimes, after crashing, windows says it cannot restart and goes into start-up repair, this restores windows and then runs chkdisk. Sometime, but rarely, chkdisk will remove 2 or 3 registry keys and replace them. Please help, this is SO annoying.