Error 711: Cannot load the Remote Access Connection Manager Service.

Anonymous
2010-02-10T00:51:42+00:00

I am trying to connect using my existing VPN and I am getting the following error in Windows 7 Ultimate... 

Error 711: The operation could not finish because it could not start the Remote Access Connection Manager Service in time. Please try the operation again.

Called MS for first level support and tried restore point 4 days ago since it was working 3 days ago! It didn't help. 

Telephony service is running fine but when I try to start SSTP service I get "The Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I really do appreciate if some one have a fix for this.

Thanks

Jegan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-02-10T23:19:08+00:00

Hi JeganMCPD,

This error message appears when a required service isn't started on your computer. You won't be able to connect to a network, and you might not be able to install network adapters.

This problem can occur if some or all of the following services aren't started:

·        Plug and Play

·        Remote Access Auto Connection Manager

·        Remote Access Connection Manager

·        Telephony

To fix this problem, follow these steps for each of the services listed above:

1.      Open Administrative Tools by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type administrative tools, and then click Administrative Tools.‍ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.      Double-click Services. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.      Right-click one of the services listed above, and then click Properties.

4.      Click the General tab, and then, next to Startup type, select Manual.

5.      Click Apply, and then click Start.

For further information, visit the below mentioned link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Get-help-with-Error-711-message

You may also refer the steps provided by diablo_xix in the below mentioned link.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistaapps/thread/7c60879d-ff50-4a30-bd00-55d4ae18d266/

 Hope this information helped!

 Thanks and regards,

 Fouzan – Microsoft support.

 Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum 

 http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-%20US/answersfeedback/threads and let 

 us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-15T09:07:32+00:00

    hi I did the same as u did except I didn't run cmd as an administrator I just clicked open and it still fixed the issue for me but is it possible that it's fixed temporarily cuz I didn't run the cmd as an administrator?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-02T05:36:18+00:00

    It worked for me also...Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-10-24T08:06:31+00:00

    I have tried the following;

    So funny solution is here but it works for me, follow the instructions…

    • Renaming or deleting the following folder seems to work for some users:

    C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\RtBackup

    • Restart your Computer and Try again to your VPN.

    Complete thread and other solutions can be found from here;

    http://www.ipaddresshost.com/blog/error-711-cannot-load-the-remote-access-connection-manager-service-windows-7/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T08:03:35+00:00

    Hi,

    I am Chetan Savade from Symantec Technical Support Team.

    If the ports and protocols which the application uses are not known, please consult the application vendor's documentation. Most vendors will specify which network ports and protocols their application uses to function so that firewalls may be configured appropriatel.

    Do not withdraw the policy/uninstall firewall, In order to confirm that the SEP firewall is blocking network traffic, it is helpful to create a rule which will allow all network traffic through the firewall. If the application issue is resolved by adding this rule, this confirms that SEP's firewall configuration needs to be modified to allow the application's network traffic through. 

    Refer this article: How to troubleshoot blocked network traffic with the Symantec Endpoint Protection firewall

    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH203497

    OR

    Refer this video: http://www.symantec.com/tv/allvideos/details.jsp?vid=2270531639001

    Best Regards,

    Chetan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments