FXSAPIDebugLogFile have no clue to get rid of it.. But I did remove CmdLineExt02.dll using unlocker from the temp I still have both files on a cd just in case tho.

Anonymous
2009-10-08T22:34:13+00:00

C:\Users\Keith\AppData\Local\temp

I tried to remove the file and this is the error I get "The action can't be completed because the file is open in windows explorer" I did try to use unlocker and wouldn't delete also rename didn't even work I did try using unlocker again using rename didn't work..

While I search it this came up with it

fxsapi.dll  like someone mention it's related to a fax printer something.. But why would it be in temp shouldn't temp as always remove and delete programs after your done using a file...

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-17T23:10:38+00:00

Hello KeithVenable. I received a email today about how to delete FXSAPIDDebugLogFile. From BlackSunday 141. Thread TitleFXSAPIDebugLogFile have no clue to get rid of it.. But I did remove CmdLineExt02.dll using unlocker from the temp I still have both files on a cd just in case tho.

Started by: KeithVenable

Reply:

Go to Control Panel and click Programs \ Turn windows features on or off

Scroll down till you find Print and Document Services click the box next to it so its not highlighted, Next click ok and restart

FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt can be deleted after the restart.

 I deleted using this... I move it to desktop and then to downloads...just in case...

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-16T04:16:42+00:00

Jaime I urge you too make a back up like a system image first before you do that.. If you don't know how too make one, somewhere in the forum explains about it good luck.. Its called backup & restore in control panal.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-04-17T18:18:38+00:00

Go to Control Panel and click Programs \ Turn windows features on or off

Scroll down till you find Print and Document Services click the box next to it so its not highlighted, Next click ok and restart

FXSAPIDebugLogFile.txt can be deleted after the restart.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-15T12:52:53+00:00

I have the same problem. I tried all of that too. and the file still there. Any other sugestion? Thanks. KeithVenable, you found how to delete it.?

jaime I believe it's part of a printer from windows 7 that you won't wanna get rid of it.. I really don't know why microsoft place that file in a temp folder in the begin with but jaime that file was there even when you reformat and installed windows.. So it's safe.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-10-10T16:53:09+00:00

Hi KeithVenable,

You wannted to delete the log file (FXSAPIDebugLogFile) that’s the reason I assisted you. But you cannot delete any of the log files present in the computer.

A .log file is a text file that can be found in many locations on your computer. It can be found in your root drive, your Windows folder — even your Documents folder. Programs on your computer will write a .log file to a location on the computer.

Sometimes, the .log file holds uninstall information for a specific program. Other times, it may be a log with diagnostic text in it and in this case FXSAPIDebugLogFile is a log file that is assosiated with the fax application that you use.

Thank you and Regards.           

Thahaseena M

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

36 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2009-10-10T14:10:15+00:00

    I have tried safe mode before and didn't work.. C:\Windows\temp FXSAPIDebugLogFile shows a lock icon..

    So I guess it's suppose to be there I just wish windows 7 lets you know before hand.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments