Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Anonymous
2009-12-23T16:17:49+00:00

Do you or can you recommend a Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7?  In my searches I found RegAce to be the best recommend but on commencing to run the application Windows 7 gave a warning that it had not been tested on this OS.

What solution should I follow?

Thanks, DAVID.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-27T18:09:11+00:00

Hello DaveJB,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Have you tried to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Click here to download the tool.

You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Please reply back and let us know if this utlitiy helped to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-01T06:29:43+00:00

David, I recently ran across a similar problem on a friend's computer.  I even tried logging in as administrator in safe mode... nada.  Then someone suggested this

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The free version worked awesome.  I used it and then uninstalled it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-05-11T13:25:09+00:00

    This is a late answer even though I completly agree to leave the registry alone, there are didpicable companies out there like HP and they just leave a mess behind in the registry, Like all in one office tools, I have had so many problems with this on our network, especailly when MS pushes and update; all functionality of the HP Office printers just disconnects. HP has an uninstall utility but it leaves a mess behind, and once it breaks those port links are broken forever. You have two choices, clean up their mess in your registry or rebuild your system..... I wish Microsoft would force HP to do things right.....or provide a tool to clean up the registry and rid them of all the mess that HP leaves behind. I paid top doallr for my OS and then I have to pay more to uninstall and clean up HP's mess. Doesn't make sense to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-05-28T14:14:42+00:00

    Why did it get discontinued, other than it seemed to work ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-05-28T15:37:31+00:00

    I use Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager for W7x64

    Been using it since Vista (well the Vista version).

    Great piece of software.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments