Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Anonymous
2009-12-23T16:17:49+00:00

Do you or can you recommend a Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7?  In my searches I found RegAce to be the best recommend but on commencing to run the application Windows 7 gave a warning that it had not been tested on this OS.

What solution should I follow?

Thanks, DAVID.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-27T18:09:11+00:00

Hello DaveJB,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Have you tried to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Click here to download the tool.

You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Please reply back and let us know if this utlitiy helped to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-01T06:29:43+00:00

David, I recently ran across a similar problem on a friend's computer.  I even tried logging in as administrator in safe mode... nada.  Then someone suggested this

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The free version worked awesome.  I used it and then uninstalled it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2010-12-25T15:48:41+00:00

    rvk55

    I would like to say this:

    Microsoft Onecare cleaned the registry.

    Now I have Windows 7 64bit IE8, and Onecare won't work when I try it.

    If the registry didn't need to be cleaned, why was it in Onecare?

    I'd like to run Onecare, if anyone has any suggestions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-12-25T17:41:11+00:00

    You may well ask..

    OneCare has been discontinued.. best find an alternative..

    <CR>

    Mike Hall MVP Windows: Consumers http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/


    Mike Hall MVP - Windows Desktop Experience http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-01-14T21:34:11+00:00

    The risk of a serious problem caused by a registry cleaner erroneously

    removing an entry you need is far greater than any potential benefit it may

    have.

    Ken Blake

    The only thing a person needs to do with their computer is use Disk Cleaner and Defragger.  This is why Microsoft including those two Utilities years ago.  The tiny amount of area taken-up by the Registry is  like a drop of water in the ocean.  There is no need to mess with it, period.

    Use Revo Free and CCleaner but be be very careful what you choose to delete in the registry.  If you are not comfortable making those choices, then do not use Revo and do not use the Registry Cleaner in CCleaner.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments