Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Anonymous
2009-12-23T16:17:49+00:00

Do you or can you recommend a Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7?  In my searches I found RegAce to be the best recommend but on commencing to run the application Windows 7 gave a warning that it had not been tested on this OS.

What solution should I follow?

Thanks, DAVID.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-27T18:09:11+00:00

Hello DaveJB,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Have you tried to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Click here to download the tool.

You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Please reply back and let us know if this utlitiy helped to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-01T06:29:43+00:00

David, I recently ran across a similar problem on a friend's computer.  I even tried logging in as administrator in safe mode... nada.  Then someone suggested this

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The free version worked awesome.  I used it and then uninstalled it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-15T17:06:53+00:00

    Good to know ! So, if I simply stick with Windows, what Windows tools should I use to accomplish the same task ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-15T17:01:53+00:00

    AVOID!

    Like most such programs. it's simply a skin for abilities that exist within Windows already - combined with a dangerous Registry 'Cleaner'.

    The reason that Dell like to recommend it is that they get a large commission on the sale if purchased through their website or from click-throughs

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-15T15:50:58+00:00

    Lately, I received advertisement from Dell recommending Iolo Technologies System Mechanic Pro and I would like to know if someone used it so far to cleanup the registry on Windows 7 Pro 64 bits ? I haven't bought yet but I would be interested to see what people think of it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments