Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Anonymous
2009-12-23T16:17:49+00:00

Do you or can you recommend a Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7?  In my searches I found RegAce to be the best recommend but on commencing to run the application Windows 7 gave a warning that it had not been tested on this OS.

What solution should I follow?

Thanks, DAVID.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-27T18:09:11+00:00

Hello DaveJB,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Have you tried to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Click here to download the tool.

You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Please reply back and let us know if this utlitiy helped to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-01T06:29:43+00:00

David, I recently ran across a similar problem on a friend's computer.  I even tried logging in as administrator in safe mode... nada.  Then someone suggested this

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The free version worked awesome.  I used it and then uninstalled it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-15T18:13:56+00:00

    The Mark I eyeball.

    There is NO need to ever do a 'cleanup' - specific entries may need adjusting or removal, and that is done with regedit.

    Unless you know enough to make such changes with confidence, the best thing is almost always to leave well alone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-15T18:02:24+00:00

    I totally agree with you ! If I want to perform a registry cleanup, which Microsoft Administrator tool should I use (I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bits on a Dell XPS 630i) ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-15T17:53:23+00:00

    Mostly the ones found in Administrator Tools, and the Control Panel - some are only accessible through the command prompt, or registry editor.

    The more you learn about your system, the more control you'll have over it - without handing that control over to a half-baked money-grubber.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments