Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Anonymous
2009-12-23T16:17:49+00:00

Do you or can you recommend a Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7?  In my searches I found RegAce to be the best recommend but on commencing to run the application Windows 7 gave a warning that it had not been tested on this OS.

What solution should I follow?

Thanks, DAVID.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-27T18:09:11+00:00

Hello DaveJB,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Have you tried to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Click here to download the tool.

You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Please reply back and let us know if this utlitiy helped to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-01T06:29:43+00:00

David, I recently ran across a similar problem on a friend's computer.  I even tried logging in as administrator in safe mode... nada.  Then someone suggested this

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The free version worked awesome.  I used it and then uninstalled it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-16T04:26:02+00:00

    I aggree here with you except that if you install and uninstall Software at any kind (Microsoft or 3rd Party) the registry stays full of junk.

    Because unsinstall a Software does not mean it will be also uninstalled in the Registry.

    Therefore your Registry has false entries what slows down your computer over time.

    As fas as I know of today Microsoft has no solution for that issue, but i agree, don't trust the Registry Cleaners at all.

    But something has to be done to keep it clean and i do it manually every time i uninstall a software. I had good experiance with it. The only downside is that the Registry Editor from Microsoft is such a uncompfortable Tool, really.

    If there would be a Search functionality who shows not only one result but all result that would be much more convenient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-15T18:58:30+00:00

    On Sun, 15 Apr 2012 18:02:24 +0000, GriffonRC wrote:

    I totally agree with you ! If I want to perform a registry cleanup, which Microsoft Administrator tool should I use (I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bits on a Dell XPS 630i) ?

    Do not try to clean the registry, whether with a Microsoft tool or
    anyone else's.

    Registry cleaning programs are all snake oil. Cleaning of the
    registry isn't needed and is dangerous. Leave the registry alone and
    don't use any registry cleaner. Despite what many people think, and
    what vendors of registry cleaning software try to convince you of,
    having unused registry entries doesn't really hurt you.
    The risk of a serious problem caused by a registry cleaner erroneously
    removing an entry you need is far greater than any potential benefit
    it may have.
    Read http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000643.html

    and http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099

    and also
    http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2005/10/02/registry-junk-a-windows-fact-of-life.aspx

    Let me point out that neither I nor anyone else who warns against the
    use of registry cleaners has ever said that they always cause
    problems. If they always caused problems, they would disappear from
    the market almost immediately. Many people have used a registry
    cleaner and never had a problem with it.

    Rather, the problem with a registry cleaner is that it carries with it
    the substantial risk of having a problem. And since there is no
    benefit to using a registry cleaner, running that risk is a very bad
    bargain.

    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-15T18:33:37+00:00

    Thanks for the information !

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments