Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Anonymous
2009-12-23T16:17:49+00:00

Do you or can you recommend a Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7?  In my searches I found RegAce to be the best recommend but on commencing to run the application Windows 7 gave a warning that it had not been tested on this OS.

What solution should I follow?

Thanks, DAVID.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-27T18:09:11+00:00

Hello DaveJB,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Have you tried to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Click here to download the tool.

You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Please reply back and let us know if this utlitiy helped to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-01T06:29:43+00:00

David, I recently ran across a similar problem on a friend's computer.  I even tried logging in as administrator in safe mode... nada.  Then someone suggested this

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The free version worked awesome.  I used it and then uninstalled it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-12-23T18:28:55+00:00

    Hello Bob

    I take on board your advice about not using a Registry Cleaner.  However, my problem at present is I have a programme in my Add/Remove programmes list that refuses to be uninstalled.  I was thinking a Reg Clean tool would remove this programme.  If you could advise me of another way that would be helpful.

    Cheers, DAVID.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-12-23T18:10:49+00:00

    Personally I don't recommend a Registry Cleaner as they can honk things up more than they can help.  What are you needing to do, exactly?  You shouldn't be running a cleaner on your registry except for certain circumstances, like when having trouble installing a certain program and you have to remove all traces of it to start again.  RegClean is acceptble for that.  But other than that, if you are needing to clean the registry, your best bet is to reformat your drive and reinstall everything. 

    PC Magazine (if I remember correctly) had some article back a while ago which detailed how most reg cleaners are just a waste of money and really something that users should not be messing with.


    Bob Larson Access MVP

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments