Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Anonymous
2009-12-23T16:17:49+00:00

Do you or can you recommend a Registry Cleaner that works well with Windows 7?  In my searches I found RegAce to be the best recommend but on commencing to run the application Windows 7 gave a warning that it had not been tested on this OS.

What solution should I follow?

Thanks, DAVID.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-12-27T18:09:11+00:00

Hello DaveJB,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Answers Forum.

Have you tried to use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Click here to download the tool.

You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer. Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

Please reply back and let us know if this utlitiy helped to resolve your issue.

Sincerely,


Marilyn

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-01T06:29:43+00:00

David, I recently ran across a similar problem on a friend's computer.  I even tried logging in as administrator in safe mode... nada.  Then someone suggested this

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

The free version worked awesome.  I used it and then uninstalled it.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

53 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2010-08-23T04:10:49+00:00

    Just adding my two cents to help someone out with my experience:

    I have been a loyal Norton customer forever and it keeps my 7 Pro system clean and spiffy.  If you don't want to spend $80 per year for instances like the aforementioned uninstallable program the people atRevo have made a great uninstaller.  It has a special Hunter Mode that can find programs without correct install information and remove them.  They offer a free version and a professional version with enhanced abilities.  The free version will do the job for most installer malfunctions.

    I hope this helps.

    Derek

    Guy Who Knows Some Stuff

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2010-08-17T20:06:25+00:00

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 09:22:18 +0000, Archanas81 wrote:

    Have you tried PC Optimizer Pro...? I have tried this on my PC and its works for me..you can also use thisregistry cleaners <http://tweakingtools.com/learnmore.aspx?pid=registry-cleaners> software on your pc and feel the results.Morover it is compatible with windows 7 ...

    I strongly recommend against all programs of that type. Registry

    cleaning programs are all snake oil. Cleaning of the registry isn't

    needed and is dangerous. Leave the registry alone and don't use any

    registry cleaner. Despite what many people think, and what vendors of

    registry cleaning software try to convince you of, having unused

    registry entries doesn't really hurt you.

    The risk of a serious problem caused by a registry cleaner erroneously

    removing an entry you need is far greater than any potential benefit

    it may have.

    Read http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000643.html

    and http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099

    and also

    http://blogs.technet.com/markrussinovich/archive/2005/10/02/registry-junk-a-windows-fact-of-life.aspx

    Let me point out that neither I nor anyone else who warns against the

    use of registry cleaners has ever said that they always cause

    problems. If they always caused problems, they would disappear from

    the market almost immediately. Many people have used a registry

    cleaner and never had a problem with it.

    Rather, the problem with a registry cleaner is that it carries with it

    the substantial risk of having a problem. And since there is no

    benefit to using a registry cleaner, running that risk is a very bad

    bargain.


    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-12-23T18:28:55+00:00

    Hello Bob

    I take on board your advice about not using a Registry Cleaner.  However, my problem at present is I have a programme in my Add/Remove programmes list that refuses to be uninstalled.  I was thinking a Reg Clean tool would remove this programme.  If you could advise me of another way that would be helpful.

    Cheers, DAVID.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments