Installing Age of Empires III on a Vista based Computer

Anonymous
2009-06-29T14:05:05+00:00

I am having trouble installing this game (AOE III) on my computer which is a Windows Vista 64-bit based computer.

I have previously used it with Windows XP. I dont know what version it is and if that would make a difference. I brought the game a few months after it initially came out.

When I inserted the cd into the drive, a window pops up indicated that there is a compatibility issue.  I tried using the compatibility wizard but it doesnt work. Please, Can anyone offer some help? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-07-23T01:04:10+00:00

Hi Mohan:

I bought another game. This one says it works with XP or higher. I installed it with no error message and everything works fine.   Thank you and appreciate the help.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-07-15T07:44:00+00:00

    Hello, its been time since your reply, did everything work?


    Josh Luitjens - Self-taught computer tech.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-07-16T12:26:44+00:00

    Hi jlluitj:

    Sorry about that I was caught with some things this week. I will try it today and get back with you. What if I get prompted with the same Compatibility issue when I try to play the game; what do I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-07-16T18:50:18+00:00

    Did you get it installed?

    Ignore it and run the game, or right click > properties > compatibility tab > set to windows xp


    Josh Luitjens - Self-taught computer tech.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-07-16T20:22:16+00:00

    The installation is not the problem; its running the game afterwards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments