Installing Age of Empires III on a Vista based Computer

Anonymous
2009-06-29T14:05:05+00:00

I am having trouble installing this game (AOE III) on my computer which is a Windows Vista 64-bit based computer.

I have previously used it with Windows XP. I dont know what version it is and if that would make a difference. I brought the game a few months after it initially came out.

When I inserted the cd into the drive, a window pops up indicated that there is a compatibility issue.  I tried using the compatibility wizard but it doesnt work. Please, Can anyone offer some help? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-07-23T01:04:10+00:00

Hi Mohan:

I bought another game. This one says it works with XP or higher. I installed it with no error message and everything works fine.   Thank you and appreciate the help.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-11-07T06:47:16+00:00

    Hey summerbreeze, mohan, and jiluitj-

    I had the same compatibility error as summerbreeze, but Im not particularly inclined to go and purchase a new game. I didn't really try all of the solutions, but considering they didnt work for summerebreeze, they wouldnt work for me. Im not all that great with computers either... Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments