Installing Age of Empires III on a Vista based Computer

Anonymous
2009-06-29T14:05:05+00:00

I am having trouble installing this game (AOE III) on my computer which is a Windows Vista 64-bit based computer.

I have previously used it with Windows XP. I dont know what version it is and if that would make a difference. I brought the game a few months after it initially came out.

When I inserted the cd into the drive, a window pops up indicated that there is a compatibility issue.  I tried using the compatibility wizard but it doesnt work. Please, Can anyone offer some help? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-07-23T01:04:10+00:00

Hi Mohan:

I bought another game. This one says it works with XP or higher. I installed it with no error message and everything works fine.   Thank you and appreciate the help.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2009-07-06T14:10:22+00:00

    Hi jlluitj:

    Same error as stated before:

    C:\windows\system32\setup.exe                                                                   

    Windows cannot find 'C:\windows\system32\setup.exe.'

    make sure you typoed the name correctly and try again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-07-02T00:56:12+00:00

    Well when I pop in aoe 3 it says known compatibility, you should be able press run program at the prompt of comptability.

    Unless there is an error after that.. If so what is it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-07-02T00:50:52+00:00

    jlluitj:

    If it was only that easy. It did not work. I keep getting a window for known compatibility issues now when I insert the cd. It wont run the game.

    This is frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-07-02T00:25:47+00:00

    No but I always press run program when a comptability issues comes, its just stating the game runs under 32bit and not 64bit, the game will run at *x86, which is fine, infact alot of programs do. Yes I have installed AOE III actually before on my system :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments