Hi Mohan:
I bought another game. This one says it works with XP or higher. I installed it with no error message and everything works fine. Thank you and appreciate the help.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am having trouble installing this game (AOE III) on my computer which is a Windows Vista 64-bit based computer.
I have previously used it with Windows XP. I dont know what version it is and if that would make a difference. I brought the game a few months after it initially came out.
When I inserted the cd into the drive, a window pops up indicated that there is a compatibility issue. I tried using the compatibility wizard but it doesnt work. Please, Can anyone offer some help? Thank you.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Mohan:
I bought another game. This one says it works with XP or higher. I installed it with no error message and everything works fine. Thank you and appreciate the help.
Have you tried applying the patches?
Josh Luitjens - Self-taught computer tech.http://www.pchalp.com/
Hi Mohan:
Thought you forgot my compatibility issue with this game.
There was no getting around the installation. The game was able to install but gave me so much compatibility warnings even up to actually running the game. After installation I ran the game but it didnt start like usual. The begining was fuzzy like it didnt want to load the game but it went all the way through.
My mistake; it should be ESO, Ensemble Online, so that you can play online with other gamers. The error said "ESO does not recognize this version of the game." I dont know how else to better explain than to say exactly what it prompted me with.
The game works after some fuzzy-like startup, but the EOS does not recognize my version of the game. So all the effort for nothing. I will buy a new game.
Hi Summerbreeze,
How did you get around the installation problem?
We need more information about the above mentioned issue.
Did you mean ESO?
Do you get any error message?
What is the error message?
Mohan
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
The game works after some fuzzy-like startup, but the EOS does not recognize my version of the game. So all the effort for nothing. I will buy a new game.