Hi Mohan:
I bought another game. This one says it works with XP or higher. I installed it with no error message and everything works fine. Thank you and appreciate the help.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am having trouble installing this game (AOE III) on my computer which is a Windows Vista 64-bit based computer.
I have previously used it with Windows XP. I dont know what version it is and if that would make a difference. I brought the game a few months after it initially came out.
When I inserted the cd into the drive, a window pops up indicated that there is a compatibility issue. I tried using the compatibility wizard but it doesnt work. Please, Can anyone offer some help? Thank you.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Mohan:
I bought another game. This one says it works with XP or higher. I installed it with no error message and everything works fine. Thank you and appreciate the help.
Hi Summerbreeze,
I don’t think you need to buy another game, at least for now. The first thing I did was to check if this game was compatible with Vista, which it is.
You can try to install the game in compatibility mode with the instructions provided in the website below.
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/bf416877-c83f-4476-a3da-8ec98dcf5f101033.mspx
Hi Mohan:
I get an incompatibility error message saying "There is some known compatibility issues with this software." Then I would get another window that ask if I want to attempt to run the game but doing so it wont run properly. I will check out the screenshot. Thanks.
Would you think buying another game help in terms of what version it is? I wont like doing that.
Hi Summerbreeze,
Can you try installing AOE III again and make a note of the exact error message that you are getting. You can also check the Reliability and Performance monitor and look for error message under Reliability monitor for Software (Un)Installs. Event Viewer would also be helpful in finding error message.
Refer the screenshot: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/use-windows-vista-reliability-monitor-to-troubleshoot-crashes/
Mohan
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
Dear Mohan:
Thanks for the reply. I attempted to do as you offered. I was prompted with a window "Windows Update Standalone Installer" that said "This update doesnot apply to your system." Do you have anymore suggestions. I really would like to get this game running. Therewas no need to uninstall because I can never get it to install.