Installing Age of Empires III on a Vista based Computer

Anonymous
2009-06-29T14:05:05+00:00

I am having trouble installing this game (AOE III) on my computer which is a Windows Vista 64-bit based computer.

I have previously used it with Windows XP. I dont know what version it is and if that would make a difference. I brought the game a few months after it initially came out.

When I inserted the cd into the drive, a window pops up indicated that there is a compatibility issue.  I tried using the compatibility wizard but it doesnt work. Please, Can anyone offer some help? Thank you.

Windows for home | Other | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-07-23T01:04:10+00:00

Hi Mohan:

I bought another game. This one says it works with XP or higher. I installed it with no error message and everything works fine.   Thank you and appreciate the help.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2009-07-10T23:18:16+00:00

    Hi Mohan:

    I have uploaded the screenshots to Imageshack at http://profile.imageshack.us/user/summer_xbreeze/

    Hope this helps. Also the version of the game is v.1.0.00.0000 dtd Sept 2005.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2009-07-10T17:55:50+00:00

    Hi Summerbreeze,

    Loading screenshot is not possible on Forum website; however you may try any of the Image Hosting Server’s and paste the link in your next post/response.

    E.g.: http://imageshack.us/

    Mohan

    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2009-07-10T12:33:19+00:00

    Hi jlluitj:

    I will try to provide you with screen shots of the message, but how would I load them to this forum for your review?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2009-07-10T05:46:34+00:00

    Hello summerbreeze, Can I request a screenshot of the compatibility error please?

    Prntscreen open paint paste > save as jpg, then upload it to your live account or an external image hosting website

    jlluitj


    Josh Luitjens - Self-taught computer tech.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments