So, does anyone have a solution or are we supposed to get a third party file manager?
Windows Explorer navigation pane changing position when viewing sub directories
Try this and then offer suggestion. Open Windows Explorer and open up enough drives and or directories to completely fill the nav pane. Now view a directory at the bottom of the list and make sure it has a sub-directory. Click the plus to view the sub-directory and bam, the focus goes to the top of the nav pane when we clearly are working at the bottom of the list. This is very annoying. I mentioned this during the testing phase of Win7 more than three times and no body listened. I may look for an Explorer replacement if some of the issues with it arent fixed. And to think there was nothing wrong with Windows Explorer and it didnt need to be refined, repaired, fixed, or anything but Microsoft just had to fool with it and make it totally dis-functional. The search is all screwed up too. You cant right click, search a directory anymore. Not happy with this OPSYS and still believe it was released pre-maturely.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2010-01-07T22:21:29+00:00 -
Anonymous
2010-01-08T15:46:30+00:00 Why is this flagged as "fixed" when clearly it is not?
I have 2 more friends who decided to delve into the Windows 7 market this week. After one of them found out how miserable Windows 7 is to work with he returned his laptop. The other is still debating returning his as well. I bought a Windows 7 laptop to replace my Vista one and as of right now with all the issues I see I'd rather go back to Vista.
-
Anonymous
2010-01-10T02:14:01+00:00 I agree 100%, this is ludicrous.
By the way, what annoys me (& reduces efficiency) more is the lack of 'single click in left-hand (folders) pane to open folder and expand to display sub-folders'.
It seems that since XP you have to either single click to open folder (in R-H pane) and then click on arrow to expand, OR to double-click in the L-H pane.
I've found discussion of this 'lost feature' elsewhere on the net, but not on this site - can anyone redirect me if it's here?
-
Anonymous
2010-01-11T18:58:14+00:00 Add me to the list of frustrated users.
Add to that the frustration of reading all of the obviously "canned" answers having nothing to do with the problem, like this forum is read by a not-so-smart bot that tries to come up with an answer and fails miserably. No, I don't need to run SFC. No, I don't need to know how to select the columns in the right-hand pane. No, there's nothing wrong with my computer, the problem occurs on 3 different PCs with 3 different versions of Windows 7.
This is obviously a bug in the code and needs to be addressed.
-
Anonymous
2010-01-20T03:16:49+00:00 I'm quite surprised this bug has not been addressed so far. It's quite annoying when you expand a folder and suddenly the folder tree jumps from underneath your mouse cursor.
It has been discussed on this thread:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7files/thread/50a81b05-da98-4d55-821d-55ffbbd0e998
Unfortunately the Microsoft support response was as frustrating as the bug itself:
"Welcome to Microsoft Answers community Forum!
This behavior is by design and is working as intended."
Really?!!! Are you kidding me?