Mr. Wlmitty and whoever cares,
I have this scrolling problem too. This is one of the first thing I noticed after upgrading from Vista Home Premium. I use Windows Explorer a lot, a really lot. This does annoy me and I would really like a fix. F. Sexton below obviously does not understand
what we mean so I will try to reiterate the issue:
On a busy drive, go to the bottom of the folder pane and open a busy folder by double-clicking it's name in the pane. All the sub-folders will scroll off the bottom of the pane rather than move to the top of the pane as Vista Explorer did/does. I have a laptop
with Vista right next to me and I verified that it's Explorer does in fact move the working directory UP from the bottom to the top of the pane and shows as many of the sub-folders as will fit.
BTW, by "plus" we mean the right arrow next to the folder name, i.e. it used to be plus and is now an arrow. Now if you single-click the arrow and open the folder that way, the pane works as expected - it moves the folder of interest up enough to display the
sub-folders.
With Windows 7 Explorer, I use the single-click option to open folders, and I have to scroll the screen some amount of extra times to see the sub-folders that I want to work with. This is counter-productive if you ask me.
I will actually go so far as to put this problem at the top of my "Hate List" right here and now. I am building one, oh yes, I am building a good "Hate List" already. Sorry to say it's getting as long as my "Like List" too.
CorkyNM