Windows Explorer navigation pane changing position when viewing sub directories

Anonymous
2009-11-16T00:52:21+00:00

Try this and then offer suggestion. Open Windows Explorer and open up enough drives and or directories to completely fill the nav pane. Now view a directory at the bottom of the list and make sure it has a sub-directory. Click the plus to view the sub-directory and bam, the focus goes to the top of the nav pane when we clearly are working at the bottom of the list. This is very annoying. I mentioned this during the testing phase of Win7 more than three times and no body listened. I may look for an Explorer replacement if some of the issues with it arent fixed. And to think there was nothing wrong with Windows Explorer and it didnt need to be refined, repaired,  fixed, or anything but Microsoft just had to fool with it and make it totally dis-functional. The search is all screwed up too. You cant right click, search a directory anymore. Not happy with this OPSYS and still believe it was released pre-maturely.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

55 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-08-29T07:48:27+00:00

    It can not be by design. Microsoft should fix this.

    It's happens only first time you double-click on a folder. If you collaps it and double-click again it behaivs as it should.

    You can even restart Windows Explorer and it will not be reporduced unless you double-click on a folder that you haven't open before.

    It's very annoying...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T11:28:49+00:00

    They're Microsoft, I guess they don't have to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T11:15:14+00:00

    but really - why should they give a fck?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T10:22:44+00:00

    It seems like we are screaming into a hurricane... no one seems to be listening :-(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T01:43:24+00:00

    Well well.

    I posted this originally over 2 years ago and had all but forgot about it.

    Yet Iam surprised again to see that Microsoft hasn't addressed the problem I told them about some 3 years ago during BETA of Win7. With all these other people having seen the same problem and as disgusted as I.

    And now with SP1 of Win 7 released and it still exists?

    That is really sad.

    Worse yet Ive been testing Win8 now - unofficially - Have worked with many builds and have seen the changes over time. Now with the Consumer Preview on the bench, Iam at a loss for words on this one.

    That is another topic so I wont go there here.

    And you know I never made the Windows 7 switch.

    I still use Vista 64bit SP2 now and have never had an issue with thousands of hours on this install.

    Its rock solid and has never been compromised by virus or other,

    I use third party protection with no MS whatsoever.

    I don't believe this site is monitored or somone would have passed this info on years ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments