How can i stretch my background over 2 monitors?

Anonymous
2009-11-21T23:14:34+00:00

I'm running 2 monitors (extended mode) and when i change my background it gets doubled. I was using win xp pro before and my background was extended on the other monitor but windows wont let me?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-11-27T00:27:19+00:00

Hi lightningwolf71,

 I was going through some online resources and came across one workaround regarding this issue, hope this helps in resolving the issue.

Follow these steps to display a large image across multiple monitors:

  1. Right click on the Desktop background and select Personalize.
  2. Click on Desktop Background
  3. Select a background image that is at least as wide as the combined resolution of both of your monitors. For Example, I have two 19" monitors that have a resolution of 1280×1024. I need an image of 2560×1024 or greater so that it can be displayed across both monitors.
  4. Select Tile for picture positioning option. This is the only option that will display your background image across multiple monitors.
  5. Select Save Changes.

Your background image now should be displayed across both monitors instead of having the same image displayed on both monitors.

Hope this information was useful.


Naveen

Microsoft Answers Support Engineer

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-21T16:03:42+00:00

     

    Retarded, right?  So here’s what I did.  Using my vast powers of anti-logic**, I navigated to the location on my drive where the image was actually stored, and then from explorer I right clicked the image and chose “Set as desktop background”**.

    wow thats ridiculous, yes this answer solved the problem.

    cant believe microsoft havent fixed something as simple as this now we are on Windows 7......

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-08T14:39:10+00:00

    Sweet! Looks great. :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-25T16:51:21+00:00

    Werezwolf,

    PERFECT SOLUTION!

    Problem was in Windows Photo Viewer.  Followed your steps and BAM!!!! Wallpaper across two screens.

    Thank you for posting your response.

    MJC

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-10-23T15:45:46+00:00

    No go. Nothing worked. But that's OK. Windows sucks - it's just an accepted part of life. Fortunately I get paid to work on this crappy OS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments