INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)

Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:50:39+00:00

My computer is crashing with the following error: “INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0) The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.” What can I do about this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:55:56+00:00

This error is caused by the hibernation file size being is too small for the current memory requirements of the computer. To fix this problem, increase the size of the hibernation file by following these steps:

  1. Click the Start button.
  2. In the search box, type command prompt.
  3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
  4. In the Command Prompt window type:

powercfg /hibernate /size <size%>

where <size%> equals the size of the hibernation file in percentage of total physical memory.

The default size is 75% and can be increased to 100% with:

powercfg /hibernate /size 100

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-29T23:19:07+00:00

    Hi all,

    I installed Windows 10 last night on my Toshiba P50T-B01E laptop, i7 cpu, and have had a sleepless night. It installed OK except for one crash in the installing drivers (middle) part of the install, got the INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. It rebooted and finished without anymore issues.  But has been constantly been crashing with same error (BSOD) 30-60 seconds after successful log on,  not enough time to access the hot patch for this error. Now it has started crashing before logging on.

    Do any of these solutions work? How do you boot into safe mode from powered down?

    Thanks

    Hello Jeff,

    I had the same problem with my Toshiba Qosmo laptop.

    After several restarts, I got a (light blue) screen with several options to fix the problem.

    Search for the boot options and reboot in save mode.

    That solved it for me.

    I've found the fix on YouTube: https://youtu.be/JnuKxeya2QU

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T17:06:09+00:00

    Used the method in the following to get to Safe Mode

    http://www.howtogeek.com/107511/how-to-boot-into-safe-mode-on-windows-8-the-easy-way/

    I disabled the AMD Radeon R9 M200X series display driver and the pc seems to be working fine (albeit having tried to reset the pc so now I have to reload all the software)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T20:32:29+00:00

    to me it says that an external part is not working though there is no external part linked to my pc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T20:55:48+00:00

    I did this and I also uninstalled my graphics driver as was suggested elsewhere in this thread. These have not solved my problem. I've been waiting for the Windows 10 update because I hated Windows 8.1. Perhaps I was too anxious to install it. This problem is occurring on a brand new Toshiba laptop. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments