INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)

Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:50:39+00:00

My computer is crashing with the following error: “INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0) The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.” What can I do about this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:55:56+00:00

This error is caused by the hibernation file size being is too small for the current memory requirements of the computer. To fix this problem, increase the size of the hibernation file by following these steps:

  1. Click the Start button.
  2. In the search box, type command prompt.
  3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
  4. In the Command Prompt window type:

powercfg /hibernate /size <size%>

where <size%> equals the size of the hibernation file in percentage of total physical memory.

The default size is 75% and can be increased to 100% with:

powercfg /hibernate /size 100

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-28T23:16:33+00:00

    me too

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-02-02T14:52:50+00:00

    Hi Gloria, is it possible to disable the Hibernate feature and dump the 4 gig hibernate file on my C drive?

    Thanks,

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-19T02:11:09+00:00

    To find any errors in the battery, open the cmd as admin.

    next, type in powercfg /energy then wait 60 seconds. It will give you the location of the error report. Send to Microsoft and fix your errors.

    Hope this helps!

    PS: I am a developer. I just know!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-04T11:20:46+00:00

    I got the same error just now. I reported the error data to Microsoft.

    Actually what happened is my screen went black. The mouse would not move from the top left of the screen, And I shut the computer down with the screen up then it automatically turns on saying about the error and that I should search it online.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments