INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)

Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:50:39+00:00

My computer is crashing with the following error: “INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0) The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.” What can I do about this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:55:56+00:00

This error is caused by the hibernation file size being is too small for the current memory requirements of the computer. To fix this problem, increase the size of the hibernation file by following these steps:

  1. Click the Start button.
  2. In the search box, type command prompt.
  3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
  4. In the Command Prompt window type:

powercfg /hibernate /size <size%>

where <size%> equals the size of the hibernation file in percentage of total physical memory.

The default size is 75% and can be increased to 100% with:

powercfg /hibernate /size 100

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T00:54:31+00:00

    It lasted about 30 minutes and Internal_power_error is back.

    Reboot and it's back again, I'm getting sick pf this.

    And a third time. ARRRRUUUUGGGHHHH!!!!!!

    Repeating safe mode process for a third time.

    It's put AMD Radeon R9 M200X back again. I selected the only other option in update & recovery than automatic.

    And again, remove it in save mode, update puts it back by itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T00:19:32+00:00

    This worked, until window updates put the problem drivers back. Options for updates are absolutely terrible with on 2 potions. Would just like to be able to individually select which updates to download and install, and hide problem updates so they can not be installed.

    Trying again.

    Fixed again, let's see for how long.

    Thanks for the assist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T20:55:48+00:00

    I did this and I also uninstalled my graphics driver as was suggested elsewhere in this thread. These have not solved my problem. I've been waiting for the Windows 10 update because I hated Windows 8.1. Perhaps I was too anxious to install it. This problem is occurring on a brand new Toshiba laptop. Any other ideas on how to fix this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-30T20:32:29+00:00

    to me it says that an external part is not working though there is no external part linked to my pc

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments