INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)

Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:50:39+00:00

My computer is crashing with the following error: “INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0) The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.” What can I do about this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:55:56+00:00

This error is caused by the hibernation file size being is too small for the current memory requirements of the computer. To fix this problem, increase the size of the hibernation file by following these steps:

  1. Click the Start button.
  2. In the search box, type command prompt.
  3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
  4. In the Command Prompt window type:

powercfg /hibernate /size <size%>

where <size%> equals the size of the hibernation file in percentage of total physical memory.

The default size is 75% and can be increased to 100% with:

powercfg /hibernate /size 100

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-14T22:45:08+00:00

    I got this bsod whilst watching youtube videows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-29T02:18:19+00:00

    IMHO,  Windows 10 is really a nice OS.  Been Windows'ing since ver 1.x. YES YES and YES it creates HEAD ACHES!  But I am loyal.  Ok off my soap box.

    Disable AMD updates; do not delete the driver or the next update could re-install it.  Go into Device Manager to disable it.  Before updates check to make sure it doesn't have one for the AMD video card; if it does DO NOT allow it to update.  Honestly I DO NOT know why Microsoft hasn't fixed this pesky problem.  They' re to smart to keep allowing this pesky bug to keep happening, but I guess it's slipping by.  There is a "Show and Hide" updates provided by MS, but I'm not sure if it will allow you to disable this auto-update.

    Yeah if you get the bsod it can be more of a challenge. Go into safe mode (google it) then disable the AMB vid driver.

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-28T06:57:09+00:00

    I threw Windows 10 out the window xD. Went to pc settings (and had windows without the 15-30 relay restart (BSOD) due to my changes to the Amd Radeon driver) (If it works for you then good job it worked but call a pc tech if not), and RESET pc to default to Windows 8  So I got Windows 8 back. Do not upgrade to Windows 8.1 either. That will cause BSOD to come back. Btw I hear that Windows 10 sucks anyways so...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T15:25:53+00:00

    Sorry, does not work. I only get the answer "invalid parameters".

    I am an oldtimer so I am fairly familiar with MS-DOS and have changed the syntax here and there but always get the same answer.

    Btw, I have rececently upgraded to Win10 32 bit.

    regards,

    Gustaf

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments