INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0)

Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:50:39+00:00

My computer is crashing with the following error: “INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0) The power policy manager experienced a fatal error.” What can I do about this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2009-08-25T20:55:56+00:00

This error is caused by the hibernation file size being is too small for the current memory requirements of the computer. To fix this problem, increase the size of the hibernation file by following these steps:

  1. Click the Start button.
  2. In the search box, type command prompt.
  3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
  4. In the Command Prompt window type:

powercfg /hibernate /size <size%>

where <size%> equals the size of the hibernation file in percentage of total physical memory.

The default size is 75% and can be increased to 100% with:

powercfg /hibernate /size 100

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-28T06:57:09+00:00

    I threw Windows 10 out the window xD. Went to pc settings (and had windows without the 15-30 relay restart (BSOD) due to my changes to the Amd Radeon driver) (If it works for you then good job it worked but call a pc tech if not), and RESET pc to default to Windows 8  So I got Windows 8 back. Do not upgrade to Windows 8.1 either. That will cause BSOD to come back. Btw I hear that Windows 10 sucks anyways so...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T15:25:53+00:00

    Sorry, does not work. I only get the answer "invalid parameters".

    I am an oldtimer so I am fairly familiar with MS-DOS and have changed the syntax here and there but always get the same answer.

    Btw, I have rececently upgraded to Win10 32 bit.

    regards,

    Gustaf

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-25T00:17:57+00:00

    To Anyone that can assist:

    Subject: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

    OS: Windows 10  Upgrade from Windows 7

    System Type: Desktop

    The PC goes Blue screen and reboots at random. I can use it sometimes for an hour or two or it will shutdown in 5 to 10 minutes.

    An example from Reliability Monitor:

    Windows: Shut down unexpectedly                      10/24/2015 6:43

    Windows: Windows stopped working                   10/24/2015  6:43

    Windows: Windows was not properly shut down  10/24/2015 6:43

    Errors Reported:

    1) The previous system shutdown at 6:23:08 PM on ‎10/‎24/‎2015 was unexpected.

    2) The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. 

    The bugcheck was: 0x000000a0 (0x0000000000000613, 0xffffe00011d98110, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000001).

    A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 102415-49750-01.

    Hardware:

    Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H Rev 1.1 Mother Board

    OS 64 Bit

    4GB Mem

    On board video

    AMD Phenom II X4 965 CPU

    Previous OS: W7 64 Worked Normally No issues

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-21T05:49:29+00:00

    Absolutely Brilliant also sped up the loading time

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments