How to a change my printer default setting from color to grayscale permanently.

Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:06:16+00:00

How do I  change my printer default setting from color to grayscale on a permanent basis.  Since I mostly print in greyscale, I want this as the default and then can change manually, as needed, when I want to print in color.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:43:30+00:00

Go to the Start Orb and select Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences. Here you should be able to select gray scale under Color and save it..

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T15:41:45+00:00

    Well, you folks are talking well over my head now but thanks for taking the time and effort to respond to the issue.  All I know (I can control the color now ok from my PC) is there's no way that I can find to get our MacBook Pro to give me any kind of print color options.  In its big anarchic brain It needs to print in color - be damned what the user wants or even if the printer has any color ink in its reservoir!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-06T15:54:29+00:00

      Therefore, I wasn't aware that MICROSOFT was not responsible for all of the software they released. 

    We aren't discussing software that Microsoft "released."  We're talking about software--hardware drivers--that's developed and maintained by the hardware manufacturers.  Quite simply, you ascribed failure to the wrong source, and no matter what industry you're working in, ascribing failure to the wrong source is a recipe for disaster in QA.  In short, you're barking up the wrong tree, and you of all people should know better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-08T15:58:44+00:00

    It only saves it for that one job, not as the default.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-13T17:26:50+00:00

    Thre is no dam devices and printer option under your dam orb.  You must of chaqnged it something else that nobody knows about. ****!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments