How to a change my printer default setting from color to grayscale permanently.

Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:06:16+00:00

How do I  change my printer default setting from color to grayscale on a permanent basis.  Since I mostly print in greyscale, I want this as the default and then can change manually, as needed, when I want to print in color.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:43:30+00:00

Go to the Start Orb and select Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences. Here you should be able to select gray scale under Color and save it..

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-13T15:03:25+00:00

    https://youtu.be/A\_g3XUS-Xpo this video helped me!😃

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-17T04:10:15+00:00

    That's the ticket.  Worked like a charm.  Thanks!!

    It didn't work for me :(.  I am trying to change my fax printer to No Color.  I am using Windows 10 and HP Photosmart 7520 series.

    Printer Preferences' only options are to change Layout & Advanced.  No color settings in Advanced.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-03T15:28:06+00:00

    This is happening to me too but I might add that it's a wireless printer.  My laptop is not connected with a cable. My desktop computer is connected with a cable and I have all the options on desktop computer. The printer is an Epson Workforce 630 and I'm using Windows 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-05-03T15:32:36+00:00

    This didn't do anything other than only giving me very vague choices, Orientation & Paper/Quality.  Windows 10 using Epson Workforce 630 wirelessly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments