How to a change my printer default setting from color to grayscale permanently.

Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:06:16+00:00

How do I  change my printer default setting from color to grayscale on a permanent basis.  Since I mostly print in greyscale, I want this as the default and then can change manually, as needed, when I want to print in color.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:43:30+00:00

Go to the Start Orb and select Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences. Here you should be able to select gray scale under Color and save it..

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-03-07T23:58:56+00:00

    Following the directions I could not find greyscale or the option to print in black only where I was told to look, I have changed it to greyscale when printing but as everybody says it changes back to default. I found an easy way to make sure it never prints in color again...remove the color cartridge! You can choose the darkness of the ink from there, you are now printing in single cartridge mode and your printer will let you know. If you want to print color merely put a color cartridge back in! Ta Da!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-28T07:57:31+00:00

    Cannon  printer  will not let you print with one ink installed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-28T17:49:12+00:00

    how is this done in Windows 10?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-31T21:12:24+00:00

    I'm looking for the same.  Monochrome option still prints in color for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments