How to a change my printer default setting from color to grayscale permanently.

Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:06:16+00:00

How do I  change my printer default setting from color to grayscale on a permanent basis.  Since I mostly print in greyscale, I want this as the default and then can change manually, as needed, when I want to print in color.  Thanks

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2010-01-23T20:43:30+00:00

Go to the Start Orb and select Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printing Preferences. Here you should be able to select gray scale under Color and save it..

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-13T15:03:25+00:00

    https://youtu.be/A\_g3XUS-Xpo this video helped me!😃

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-11T20:10:07+00:00

    That worked for me as well!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-23T03:33:19+00:00

    That's the ticket.  Worked like a charm.  Thanks!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-23T03:13:04+00:00

    I am having the same issue.  This solution does not work for Windows 10.  You cannot right click on the printer in the settings menu.  Nothing happens. This used to be very simple in previous Windows versions. Help please.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments